Delivering the care we need now
Join CMA President Dr. Alika Lafontaine on Dec. 8 from 6:30-8 pm ET for a panel discussion with CBC Radio host and author Dr. Brian Goldman, family physician and researcher Dr. Rita McCracken, former Ontario Minister of Health and Long-Term Care Deb Matthews, and patient advocate Claire Snyman.
From the vault: It takes a team
The daily tradeoffs of caring for patients while keeping up with administrative demands is leading to burnout – and prompting some professionals to swap private clinics and hospitals for team-based practices.
This episode of Sound Mind originally aired in May 2022.
- From the President’s desk: “Working together, we can build – for the first time since the dawn of Medicare – a health care system that is integrated, co-ordinated and collaborative.”
- As part of our ongoing advocacy for an environmentally sustainable health system in Canada, the CMA partnered with The Lancet to produce addressing the relationship between climate change and human health, with targeted recommendations to address the implications of these in Canada.
- Celebrate the changemakers who are doing health differently. Nominations for CMA Awards are open until November 30, 2022.
- Together, we can reimagine care: CMA welcomes the creation of the Coalition for Action for Health Workers.
- You’re not alone: The CMA offers free virtual support sessions for physicians to share their experiences and advice with peers.
Lend your voice to our work to build a better health future