Discussion: What health care workers really need
A staggering number of medical professionals say they plan to leave the field. What has to change to keep them, and attract more health care workers to a sector in crisis? Over four events, panelists including Dr. Verna Yiu, Dr. Dante Morra and Dr. Cornelia (Nell) Wieman – as well as patient advocates, policymakers and nurses – shared their perspectives. Watch the recordings.
Podcast: Nobody goes to med school to do more charting
Two emergency doctors talk about disaster volunteerism as an antidote to pandemic burnout – and the burden of administrative tasks in medicine. Find other episodes of Sound Mind here.
- What Indigenous physicians want you to know about the toll of medical practice, and how they take care of their own health.
- New data on IVF patients is further evidence to counter misinformation about the impact of COVID-19 vaccinations on fertility.
- Why Dr. Tommy Brothers, a Halifax resident working in addiction treatment and harm reduction, is looking outside medicine to better serve his patients.
- Watch CMA President Dr. Katharine Smart speaking to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Health (HESA) about the health workforce crisis.
- Connect with your association at the CMA’s annual general meeting on Aug. 21. Non-members can also sign up as observers to learn more about how we’re driving change for and with physicians.
Lend your voice to our work to build a better health future
View the latest from Boldly
Sharing ideas and initiatives that are shaping the future of health