Advisor, French language Services
|Reports to:||Director, French language Services|
|Type:||Permanent / Fulltime|
- Providing organization-wide management services for CMA Translation.
- Preparing documents for translation.
- Maintaining translation databases, including some pre-processing of documents in that system before sending to translation.
- Proofreading of French documents.
- limited amount of translation (English to French).
- Proofreading/revising French documents (including letters and emails; briefs to parliamentary committees; Reports to General Council; etc.).
- Provide organization-wide management services for CMA Translation, including discussing requests and assessing feasibility of deadlines with clients; managing multiple suppliers for translation services; sending material for translation to appropriate contact (i.e., freelance translator, translation firm, etc.); maintaining a log of translation requests; maintaining translation archives and processing incoming translation invoices.
- Some translation of smaller documents from English to French, typically less than 100 words.
- College diploma – 2 to 3 year program.
- Fluently bilingual in French and English – written and spoken (equivalent to “Exempt” level in federal public service).
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
Minimum of 3 years related experience, preferably in a translation environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer programs, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe is essential.
- Knowledge of the translation database Logiterm an asset.
- This position requires the highest level of bilingual fluency. Incumbent must have excellent writing skills in French.
- This position requires a high degree of resourcefulness, self-motivation and direction as well as the judgement necessary to understand when to seek direction and the ability to both multi-task and prioritize.
- This position requires that a working knowledge of all CMA programs and initiatives be maintained.
- Some overtime, evening and weekend work will be required. Incumbent will be expected to remain in contact via mobile device after regular hours. Some travel (e.g., to General Council) may be required.
October 1, 2014
Apply in confidence to: