Reporters have until Aug. 2 to submit entries for the country's premier awards competition for media covering health care issues.
Entries, which must have been printed or broadcast between Aug. 11, 2012, and Aug. 2, 2013, will be judged by a committee of medical, health sector and journalism professionals. The winners will be announced Oct. 2, 2013, during an awards gala in Ottawa.
The 2013 categories are:
- The Michelle Lang Award for Excellence in Print Reporting: In-depth feature article
- Excellence in Health Reporting: Print (large market)
- Excellence in Health Reporting: Print (mid-size market)
- Excellence in Health Reporting: Television news
- Excellence in Health Reporting: Television in-depth reporting
- Excellence in Health Reporting: Radio
- Excellence in Local Health Reporting: Print and broadcast
- Excellence in Digital Health Reporting
- Excellence in Emerging Health Care Issue Reporting: Print, broadcast (2013 emerging issue: seniors and health care)
- The Norman Bethune Award for Excellence in International Health Reporting: Print, broadcast
- Excellence in Multicultural Health Reporting: Print, broadcast
Complete rules and entry details are available online.