Director, French language Services
|Reports to:||Chief of Staff and Senior Advisor|
|Type:||Permanent / Fulltime|
- Responsible for Quality Assurance for all French-language content at CMA (print and electronic).
- Developing and managing end-to-end translations services.
- Foster the presence and use of French throughout CMA, raising the profile of French within the Association, and in its interactions with external stakeholders.
- Oversees and ensures Quality Assurance for all French-language content for CMA (print & electronic); this includes working with MD (MD Physician Services) and other stakeholders on “marketing-style” adaptations of content.
- Manages the Translation Service for CMA. Intersect translation and marketing.
- Work with Santé inc. to ensure that the publication gets the support it needs to achieve its objectives.
- Work with Human Resources on updating and maintaining CMA’s bilingualism policy, and on the recruitment of bilingual staff.
- Work with QMA (Quebec Medical Association) and other bi-lingual/francophone members to address concerns that may arise from time to time.
- Act in an advisory capacity on any issues with a French-language component.
- University degree.
- Fluently bilingual in French and English – written and spoken (equivalent to “Exempt” level in federal public service).
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
Minimum of 10 years related experience in fields such as communications, public relations, journalism, editing and translation, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer programs, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe is essential.
- This position requires the highest level of bilingual fluency. Incumbent must have excellent writing skills in French. Incumbent must be able to converse fluently in French, and understand all the nuances of spoken French in a standard, free-flowing conversation.
- This position requires a high degree of empathy, and skill in human relations, including diplomacy and tact. The incumbent will be expected to successfully manage various relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including the Senior Management Team (SMT), CMA colleagues, PTMA (Provincial and Territories Medical Associations) staff, independent translators, the Editor of Santé inc., colleagues at MD, and others.
- This position also requires strategic thinking, and the ability to find creative solutions to challenges. The incumbent will be expected to think “outside the box” and help the CMA improve its delivery of French-language products and services.
- Some overtime, evening and weekend work will be required. Incumbent will be expected to remain in contact via mobile device after regular hours. Some travel (e.g., to General Council, to Montréal to meet with stakeholders, etc.) will be required.
October 1, 2014
Apply in confidence to: