Temporary / Fulltime (10 months about May 2019–February 2020)
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Corporate legal work including trademarks, copyright, contract drafting and review, and legislative regulatory compliance (e.g., CASL, lobby, privacy). Possibility of some governance work.
- Legal research, analysis and writing in areas primarily focused on corporate legal issues and health/public health law.
- Drafting and editing legal templates, guidelines and checklists for use by client-colleagues.
- Policy research, review and possible drafting.
- Fact investigation, interviewing and advising of CMA staff under supervision.
- Possibility of in-house educational presentations/sessions to other CMA staff.
- Must be registered as a licensing candidate with the Law Society of Ontario, or can reasonably expect to be registered as a licensing candidate with the Law Society of Ontario for the 2019-2020 articling term.
- Above-average to excellent legal research, analysis and writing skills.
- Minimum of one year of work experience preferred.
- Experience in legal research and writing preferred.
- Problem-solving skills, diplomacy and tact.
- Solid computer technical skills (e.g. Microsoft Office 365, Excel, PowerPoint, CanLii).
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team player and adaptability e.g., work in an open office.
- Bilingual (English and French) preferred but not mandatory.
Date to apply
- Apply in confidence to:
email@example.com by May 22, 2018 at 5:00pm (EST).
- Provide Resume, Cover Letter and Transcripts.
CMA is an equal opportunity employer and will reasonably accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and hiring process.
We sincerely thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.