Choosing Wisely Canada
A healthy conversation about medical tests, treatments and procedures.
Choosing Wisely Canada is a campaign to help physicians and patients engage in healthy conversations about unnecessary tests, treatments and procedures, and to help physicians and patients make smart and effective choices to ensure high-quality care.
Who is behind Choosing Wisely Canada?
Under the leadership of Dr. Wendy Levinson and the Canadian Medical Association, in partnership with various national medical specialty societies, Choosing Wisely Canada is well underway. To date, more than 30 Canadian medical specialty societies are at various stages of engagement in the campaign. All provincial and territorial medical associations have endorsed the campaign. The following societies participated in Wave 2 of the Choosing Wisely Canada launch that took place in Toronto October 29, 2014.
- Canadian Association of Gastroenterology
- Canadian Association of Medical Oncologists*
- Canadian Association of Pathologists
- Canadian Association of Radiation Oncology*
- Canadian Hematology Society
- Canadian Society for Surgical Oncology*
- Canadian Society for Transfusion Medicine
- Canadian Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Canadian Society of Nephrology
- Canadian Society of Palliative Care Physicians
- Canadian Urological Association
- Occupational Medicine Specialists of Canada
* Will submit a joint list under the leadership of the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (CPAC )
Find out more about how to have a healthy conversation about medical tests, treatments and procedures with your patients.