Studying to be a physician isn’t easy
Doctors Nova Scotia and the Canadian Medical Association will help you through medical school with resources, tools and advice.
All this and more for a dime a day
The AMA and CMA are the medical community’s provincial and national associations. Membership costs less than a dime a day, and provides invaluable benefits, including:
- The CMA’s in-person or videoconference advocacy training can help you learn more about the political process, and how you can become an effective advocate for the medical profession and make a difference.
- The MD-MP Contact Program connects you with your Member of Parliament so you can provide feedback on key issues for medical students, residents and physicians.
- CMA provides support for student advocacy initiatives, such as lobby days, and help to prepare to for events to ensure you meet your strategic objectives.
Information on the go
- Free, anytime, anywhere access to ClinicalKey, a comprehensive and current collection of textbooks, journals and multimedia resources, including medical videos and images across 30+ specialities (cma.ca/clinicalkey).
- Access best-in-class clinical tools, including DynaMed’s collection of evidence summaries and drug information on the RxTx Mobile App (cma.ca/resources).
- Sign up for daily POEMs by Essential Evidence Plus to receive concise, daily email summaries of the latest clinical studies (cma.ca/poems).
- Contact CMA librarians for MEDLINE searches and to help you plan search strategies and get the most from CMA’s clinical resources (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Get original clinical research, analyses and reviews, news, practice updates and editorials with CMAJ online at cmaj.ca and on the CMAJ app (cmaj.ca).
- Enjoy access to the members-only section of doctorsNS.com and learn about practice opportunities in the province or read the latest issue of the association’s magazine.
- Develop personal leadership skills through “Leadership begins with self-awareness,” an online course for students and residents (cma.ca/onlineleadership).
- Enjoy personalized, expert advice and best-in-class solutions to help you finance your education, manage your money and plan for your future needs through MD Financial Management. MD can help you access a full range of banking products1, including student lines of credit, chequing accounts, credit card products and mortgages.
- Take advantage of unique savings programs from Doctors Nova Scotia and CMA, with discounts on car rentals, travel, hotels, cellphone plans, mobile software, fitness and leisure, and more (cma.ca/memberdiscounts).
- Take advantage of group life and disability insurance through OMA Insurance. For details, visit
www.omainsurance.com or call 800-268-7215, x2918.
- Save money on home and auto insurance through TD Insurance Meloche Monnex.
- Medical Student Bursary Program: Apply for bursaries through the Doctors Nova Scotia-Medical Student Bursary Program. Bursaries of up to $5,000 are awarded to selected medical students attending Dalhousie University.
These are just a few of the benefits of Doctors Nova Scotia and CMA membership. You must be a member of Doctors Nova Scotia to join the CMA. To learn more about Doctors Nova Scotia membership, visit doctorsns.com or call 902-468-1866. To learn more about CMA membership, visit cma.ca or contact the CMA Member Service Centre at 888-855-2555 (weekdays, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET) or
You must be a member of the Doctors Nova Scotia to join the CMA.
MD Financial Management provides financial products and services, the MD Family of Funds and investment counselling services through the MD Group of Companies. For a detailed list of these companies, visit
1 Banking products and services are offered by National Bank of Canada through a relationship with MD Management Limited. Credit and lending products are subject to credit approval by National Bank of Canada. All life-licensed MD Management Advisors and MD Insurance Consultants have life licenses with MD Insurance Agency Limited.