CMA Member Proposals (Corporate and Policy)
Through its new strategic plan,
CMA 2020, CMA has committed to pursuing issues and causes that matter to the profession and patients, and provide members with multiple ways to help guide and shape CMA policy and how we function as an association. The following two categories for member proposals — policy and corporate — represent some of the input channels where members can have their views heard and issues considered.
Member proposals to guide policy
- Policy proposals may be submitted on a year-round basis and are open to all members.
- Submissions on policy matters should align with the goals and objectives of
CMA 2020, and will be assessed by physician peers based on relevancy, fit and focus.
- The CMA Board of Directors will review and make decisions on policy submissions and in some instances, depending on the scope of the proposal, will seek feedback through e-panels, member communities of interest and other mechanisms.
Member proposal on corporate matters
- For corporate matters, members are able to propose business and bylaw type changes, as they pertain to the functioning of the association.
- These types of submissions must be submitted 90 days prior to the Annual General Meeting and will go through a review process prior to consideration at the AGM.
For more information about the process or to submit a proposal, click on the FAQs and forms below.