Studying to be a physician isn’t easy
The Ontario Medical Association and the Canadian Medical Association will help you through medical school with resources, tools and advice.
All this and more for a dime a day
The OMA and CMA are the medical community’s provincial and national associations. Membership costs less than a dime a day, and provides invaluable benefits, including:
- The CMA’s in-person or videoconference advocacy training can help you learn more about the political process, and how you can become an effective advocate for the medical profession and make a difference.
- The MD-MP Contact Program connects you with your Member of Parliament so you can provide feedback on key issues for medical students, residents and physicians.
- CMA provides support for student advocacy initiatives, such as lobby days, and help to prepare to for events to ensure you meet your strategic objectives.
- The OMA represents the interests of the medical profession through responsive governance and appropriate physician engagement. The CMA advocates on your behalf with the federal government in support of the medical profession.
- The OMA’s Health Care Advocacy Network provides access to training opportunities, messaging, frequent Queen’s Park updates, engagement opportunities with politicians and other resources for delivering consistent, impactful messages on issues that affect doctors and medical students, patients and the people of Ontario.
- A three-day weekend of activities in Toronto focused on leadership and advocacy skills, including an opportunity to meet MPPs and discuss the important issues facing medical students today.
- The Ontario Medical Student Association (OMSA) represents the views and concerns of Ontario’s more than 3,000 Ontario medical students (omsa.ca).
Information on the go
- Free, anytime, anywhere access to ClinicalKey, a comprehensive and current collection of textbooks, journals and multimedia resources, including medical videos and images across 30+ specialities (cma.ca/clinicalkey).
- Access best-in-class clinical tools, including DynaMed’s collection of evidence summaries and drug information on the RxTx Mobile App (cma.ca/resources).
- Sign up for daily POEMs by Essential Evidence Plus to receive concise, daily email summaries of the latest clinical studies (cma.ca/poems).
- Contact CMA librarians for MEDLINE searches and to help you plan search strategies and get the most from CMA’s clinical resources (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Get original clinical research, analyses and reviews, news, practice updates and editorials with CMAJ online at cmaj.ca and on the CMAJ app (cmaj.ca).
- Stay up to date with Scrub-in and enjoy in-depth coverage of the issues and developments that affect medical students and the practice of medicine in Ontario. The Ontario Medical Review is a leading source of information on legislative affairs, healthcare policy, professional issues, health technology, practice management and more.
- Develop personal leadership skills through “Leadership begins with self-awareness,” an online course for students and residents (cma.ca/onlineleadership).
- Enjoy personalized, expert advice and best-in-class solutions to help you finance your education, manage your money and plan for your future needs through MD Financial Management. MD can help you access a full range of banking products1, including student lines of credit, chequing accounts, credit card products and mortgages.
- Take advantage of unique savings programs from the OMA and CMA, with discounts on car rentals, travel, hotels, cell phone plans, mobile software, fitness and leisure, and more (oma.org/advantages |
- OMA Insurance is here to help you protect your financial future with the Student Special Offer, a simple and brilliantly affordable way to protect yourself with $100,000 of complimentary group life insurance* and significantly discounted disability insurance. Plus, preferred rates on auto, property, travel insurance and more. Learn more at
These are just a few of the benefits of OMA and CMA membership. To learn more about OMA membership, visit oma.org, call 800-268-7215 or email email@example.com. To learn more about CMA membership, visit cma.ca or contact the CMA Member Service Centre at 888-855-2555 (weekdays, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET) or
You must be a member of the OMA to join the CMA.
MD Financial Management provides financial products and services, the MD Family of Funds and investment counselling services through the MD Group of Companies. For a detailed list of these companies, visit
1 Banking products and services are offered by National Bank of Canada through a relationship with MD Management Limited. Credit and lending products are subject to credit approval by National Bank of Canada. All life-licensed MD Management Advisors and MD Insurance Consultants have life licenses with MD Insurance Agency Limited.
* Complimentary Group Life Insurance is provided by the OMA and underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company, Toronto.