Getting your degree is not easy
The Québec Medical Association and the Canadian Medical Association support you during your studies with advocacy services, clinical tools, and financial advice.
Membership has its advantages and is free while you’re a student
- Consult ClinicalKey, a comprehensive, continuously updated collection of medical textbooks, journals, and multimedia content in over 30 medical specialities.
- Access cutting-edge clinical tools such as the collection of point-of-care summaries and drug monographs from DynaMed and the RxTx mobile app.
- Keep up-to-date with daily clinical updates from POEMs by Essential Evidence Plus and research summaries via InfoPratique.
- Consult original clinical research, analyses, literature reviews, news, practice updates, and editorials from CMAJ (18 issues in electronic format per year).
- Get help from CMA librarians, who can conduct searches on MEDLINE on your behalf and help you get the most out of CMA’s clinical resources.
- Develop your leadership skills through the online course, Leadership Begins with Self-Awareness.
- Put yourself in the running for one of three $1,000 leadership scholarships and the $2,000 Robert-Gourdeau award.
- The CMA advocacy training course teaches you about political processes and how to effectively represent the medical profession and bring about change.
- The MD-MP Contact Program connects you with your local MP so you can express your opinion on issues that are important to you as a medical student.
- The CMA supports student advocacy initiatives such as provincial lobby days and can help you achieve your strategic objectives.
- The QMA and CMA support the medical profession in Quebec and Canada on numerous important issues at the provincial and federal levels.
- Add your voice to those of students who sit on QMA committees or who participate in the CMA e-panel.1
- Obtain personalized solutions to help you finance your education, manage your money, and plan for the future thanks to financial advice and banking products from MD Financial Management.2
- Get exclusive discounts on car rentals, hotel accommodation, cellphone plans, apps, fitness training, recreational activities, and more.
- Take advantage of QMA’s comprehensive insurance programs for medical students including life, accident, disability, dental, and complementary health insurance.3
- Enjoy preferred group home and auto insurance rates from TD Insurance Meloche Monnex.
Find out more
1 You must be a member of QMA to join the CMA.
1 Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you’re interested.
2 MD Financial Management offers financial products and services via the MD group of companies. Visit our website site at mdm.ca for a list of companies. Banking products and services—student lines of credit, chequing accounts, credit cards, and mortgages—are available from National Bank of Canada through MD Management Limited. Financial products are subject to credit approval.
All life-licensed MD Management and MD insurance advisors have obtained their license from the MD Insurance Agency Limited.
Comprehensive QMA insurance plans are available from MD Financial Management Limited. Coverage is free without proof of good health during your first year of studies when you join the QMA-CMA.