Continuing Professional Development
We seek accreditation for selected offerings as evidence of our commitment to:
- meet nationally approved educational standards
- provide study credits for maintenance of certification
- ongoing quality improvement
The quality of our offerings continues to be validated through accreditation by:
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- Canadian College of Health Leaders (CCHL)
Important update (June 14, 2017)
For members who have opted for
automatic credit transfer to CFPC, we are pleased to share that Mainpro+ credits for POEMs, CMAJ, DynaMed Plus, InfoPratique and the MAiD foundational online course, for the time period of June 20 2016-March 31, 2017, have now been uploaded to your Mainpro+ holding area. To finalize the credit entry process, you must do the following:
- Login to your
- Click Holding Area in the top menu, or select the activity from the Incomplete CPD Activities section on your main dashboard.
- Select the activity from the Holding Area or Incomplete CPD Activities section.
- Answer questions 1–6 in the Impact Assessment Questionnaire.
- Click Submit.
Mainpro+ credits will not be applied to your account until these steps are complete.
For questions related to Mainpro+, contact CFPC at
email@example.com or 1-800-387-6197 ext 560.
For questions related to Continuing Professional Development for CMA members, contact the Member Service Centre at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-855-2555.
We apologize for the extended processing time and thank you for your understanding.
To learn more about our automatic credit transfer schedule, visit our
Automatic credit transfer process page.
Provisions for US/Canadian reciprocal credits
Bilateral reciprocal accreditation agreements exist with the American Medical Association and the American Academy of Family Physicians.