General Council delegates provide critical input to the CMA by discussing broad policy direction that is to be carried out by the CMA.
CMA members are eligible to be a delegate if they are part of one (or more) of these groups:
- members of the CMA Board of directors;
- Speaker and Deputy Speaker of GC;
- presidents of a provincial or territorial medical association;
- provincial/territorial representatives as governed by the CMA bylaws;
- chairs of specific committees;
- past presidents of the CMA, past speakers of GC, past chairs of GC, past chairs of the Board of directors, and past secretaries general, for five years following completion of their term of office;
- Surgeon General, Royal Canadian Medical Service;
- representatives from a CMA affiliated society.