CMA Driver's Guide FAQ
Why isn’t a paper version available free for CMA members?
We distribute electronic copies of the guide to members to facilitate updates between reprints, and to ensure you always have access to the most current version. This format ensures you can access it anywhere — and, of course, it’s a ‘greener’ option.
Why can’t non-members get a free copy of the guide?
A free online copy of the guide is a benefit of CMA membership, reserved for members only.
What’s different about the eighth edition?
- section on dementia and mild cognitive impairment
- updated sections on musculoskeletal disabilities, psychiatric illness, cerebrovascular diseases
- expanded section on traumatic brain injuries, including concussion
- revised section on reporting now includes:
- information for physicians reporting to Transport Canada’s marine safety directorate when there are reasonable grounds to believe an existing medical or optometric condition is likely to constitute a hazard to maritime safety
- revised message from the Canadian Medical Protective Association
What are the guidelines based on?
The guidelines are as evidence-based as possible, and this edition now includes references (Appendix A) for most sections.