DynaMed is a current, evidence-based, point-of-care reference tool designed to provide quick answers to clinical questions. Topics are updated daily with new information identified through a systematic review of medical literature.
DynaMed Plus is a completely new product — reimagined and recreated from the ground up. While the mission, vision, and commitment to evidence-based medicine principles have not changed, the user experience is entirely new.
Access to DynaMed Plus (valued at $395 a year) is through
JouleTM, a Canadian Medical Association company that provides you with trusted resources to make it easier to be at your best.
Two ways to access DynaMed Plus
online (cma.ca login required)
app (instructions to download)
DynaMed Plus includes:
- Precise search results
- Concise overviews and detailed recommendations based on the most current evidence
- More than 4,000 medical graphics and images, including 1,000+ images from the American College of Physicians
- Expanded specialty content
- Drug information from Micromedex
- CME credit 0.5 Mainpro+® certified Self-Learning credits from College of Family Physicians of Canada and MOC (Section 2) program credits from Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada for each topic reviewed online version only)
Access DynaMed Plus* (cma.ca login required)
- Users must be CMA members as well as registered cma.ca users to access DynaMedPlus.
- Search results may vary across platforms (web, iOS and Android).
- Update from August 2016: Some users may experience problems with search results on Android devices. Ebsco is currently working to address this problem. If you require assistance, contact the
Ask a Librarian team.
Joule Case Challenge
DynaMed Plus tutorial
“To stay current with the latest evidence based medicine, I use DynaMed Plus and UpToDate as my go-to references. DynaMed Plus provides me with added confidence when caring for patients.”