How to Vote
A voting package will be mailed to all Manitoba members who are also members of the CMA on January 26, 2017. Within the voting package, you will find information related to all candidates, a voting guide and a voting ballot. The voting ballot contains your CMA Member ID and your unique Voting Password, which has been issued specifically for this election.
Voting by Internet
- Click the
Vote! Click to vote button on the CMA website.
- Enter your CMA Member ID and unique Voting Password (located at the bottom of the ballot envelope included in the voting package mailed on January 26) to proceed to the electronic ballot.
- In accordance with CMA rules, the election will be conducted by preferential ranked choice ballot, which means that each voter is asked to rank the candidates in order of preference, instead of just voting for one candidate.
- In casting your vote, please indicate your first preference by entering “1” in the box beside that person’s name. Indicate your order of preference for other candidates by entering “2” and “3” and “4” and “5” in the boxes beside their names. You are not required to rank all candidates. Please do not use the same number more than once, as it will invalidate your ballot.
- Once completed, you will be prompted to confirm your ballot. Once you click to do so, your vote will be recorded.
The electronic voting site will close at Midnight EST on Wednesday, February 22, 2017.
Voting by Mail
- Fill out the paper ballot included in the voting package.
- Place your completed ballot inside the ballot envelope and seal it.
IMPORTANT The ballot must be returned in the numbered ballot envelope since your Voting Password will be used for validation purposes.
- Insert your ballot envelope in the prepaid return envelope and seal it.
Your vote will be counted only if received at the CMA office in Ottawa before Midnight on Wednesday, February 22, 2017.