Face-to-face course on end-of-life care and medical assistance in dying
This course provides comprehensive education on topics related to end-of-life care, as well as advanced practical training for physicians who are considering offering medical assistance in dying to their patients.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand and integrate ethical principles into care for patients at end of life
- Evaluate competency especially with vulnerable populations
- Discuss and provide access to high-quality, team-based palliative and end-of-life care to patients
- Access expertise of other professions and specialties as needed
- Engage in a complex conversation with patients and their families at end of life
- Develop an approach to effective pain and symptom management for patients at end of life
- Provide the technical aspects of medical assistance in dying in a compassionate manner
- Self-monitor and reflect to assess impact in personal and professional life
- Access support around self-care
Completion of the foundational online module is a pre-requisite for participation in this course.
Courses in 2017
Additional courses will be offered in 2017. To express interest,