Member Segment Specialist, Membership Programs
Director, Membership Programs
Permanent / Fulltime
Overall job purpose:
- Reporting to the Director of Membership Programs, the Segment Specialist is accountable for end-to-end coordination of the Medical Student/Resident Physician segment membership recruitment and retention programs within the organization. The Specialist will assist in the development of segment specific marketing strategies that will promote the CMAs value proposition, result in growth of these segments, and ultimately improve the relevance of CMA membership.
- Partners internally with CMA subsidiaries and externally with PTMAs to work collaboratively on the development and execution of segmented acquisition and retention plans with the Segment Managers.
- Coordinates end to end execution of segmented membership acquisition and retention programs, ensuring collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. This includes development of key messaging, ensuring all reviews and approvals are secured, event logistics, and proactive tracking of success metrics.
- Lead point of contact for all event logistics and materials for Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS) mock interview program in collaboration with the Segment Manager, PTMAs and universities.
- Manages The Transition to Residency tracking tool and member communications to ensure membership records are up to date in the CMA’s CRM database (MX360).
- Coordinates events around Resident Wellness Day and Awareness Week across Canada.
- Manages Student and Resident orientation event logistics in collaboration with the Early Career Specialists (ECS) across Canada – updating materials, prep-calls, shipping, planning and overall execution.
- Obtains approvals and delivery of segmented membership marketing materials.
- Collaborates with the Segment Managers to determine the optimal strategic direction for the Student and Resident segments.
- Identifies relevant segment growth and retention opportunities, by utilizing segment insights of the needs, attitudes, preferences, and trends for the member segments.
- Partners with Marketing Manager(s) to leverage their marketing plans within Segment programs. Partner effectively to implement strategies and tactics ensuring a unified and consistent experience for members.
- Works closely with the Segment Managers and CMA Enterprise Marketing to develop and communicate the CMA value proposition to their respective member segment using multi-channel and multi-media strategies and tactics to drive membership acquisition and renewal.
- Communicates the CMA value proposition to PTMAs, Affiliate groups, CMA and CMA subsidiaries staff.
- Effectively tracks and manages segment program / initiative budgets.
- Proactively tracks and analyses program and initiative results, utilizing MX360, with a focus on ROI and developing recommendations for program enhancements.
Key skills and competencies:
- Creativity and innovation
- Customer/member focus
- Results oriented
- Teamwork and collaboration
- English required, French considered an asset
Additionally, the following skills are required:
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills, including attention to detail and a focus on milestones and deadlines
- Self-starter, proactive and ability to influence facilitate and negotiate with cross-functional teams possessing conflicting priorities
- Exceptional organization and communication skills both written and verbal
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to effectively deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex or ambiguous
- Aptitude for analysis, and creativity in problem solving
- Ability to manage complex projects concurrently, and organize work schedule and prioritize
- Ability to strategize and analyze data and outcomes to recommend program improvements
- Knowledge of the needs, wants, attitudes and behaviours of the Medical Student and Resident Physician segments is an asset
- Demonstrated stakeholder relationship building skills
- Ability to travel (travel is required for this role)
- University degree (or equivalent education combined with relevant work experience)
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CMA is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and hiring processes.