Nomination Timelines and Eligibility Criteria for CMA President-Elect Nominee
Call for nominations:
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Close of nominations:
Monday, December 11, 2017, midnight
Candidate material deadline:
Tuesday, December 12, 2017, midnight
Candidate Information available on cma.ca:
Thursday, February 1, 2018
Voting PINS sent/Start of Election period
Thursday, February 15, 2018
Close of election:
Wednesday, March 7, 2018, midnight
Thursday, March 8, 2018
Nominations shall be made in writing on the
Nominations Form signed by 10 members of the Ontario Medical Association (the 2019 host PTMA) and the CMA.
Completed forms must be sent via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org and received by the CMA no later than midnight Monday, December 11, 2017.
Nomination Procedures and Timeline
Procedure to be followed by Canadian Medical Association (CMA) and host PTMA members who wish to submit their name for nomination for the position of CMA President-Elect nominee:
- Complete the
Nomination Form with signatures of ten (10) members. Members may sign nomination papers for more than one candidate.
Completed Nomination forms must be sent via email to the attention of Jacqueline Ethier, Advisor, General Council and Governance, at
email@example.com and be received no later than midnight, Monday, December 11, 2017
- Candidates, once accepted, are asked to submit a
message of intention (with a passport-type photograph) using this template. Also, candidates are asked to submit a
one-page resumé using this
resumé template on or before
December 12, 2017.
The successful President – Elect nominee will be presented for election as
CMA President-Elect at General Council in August.
The successful President-Elect will then become the
CMA President the following year.
Eligibility and Criteria to Nominate
Eligible nominees for the position of President-Elect nominee must:
- be a member of the medical profession;
- be a member in good standing of the CMA and the upcoming host Provincial Territorial Medical Association (PTMA) of the CMA Annual meeting ;
- be a member of the CMA for the preceding five consecutive years;
- have a registered mailing address in the host PTMA; and
- agree to stand as a candidate.
The position of CMA President-Elect may be of interest to individuals who:
- are currently practicing medicine in the host PTMA;
- demonstrate interest in the organization of medical care and medical practice;
- possess experience with the physician/community/government interface; and
- are recognized as a leader by his/her peers.
The candidate should be willing to devote the necessary amount of time in this role, specifically:
- three consecutive years on the CMA Board of Directors, first as CMA President-Elect, then as CMA President and lastly as CMA Past-President;
- at least 150 to 225 days working on CMA activities during the year as CMA President.
Should you require additional information please contact:
NOTE: All timelines indicated are in Eastern Standard Time (EST)