Developing and leading system improvement
Capability in quality improvement (QI) science is essential to meet the challenge of improving outcomes across the health care system. As leaders playing a key role in engaging all health care professionals, you must have practical experience with QI tools and methods.
This course – with a focus on efficiency and access – provides an introduction through lecture, small-group work and hands-on learning, where you have the opportunity to develop a plan for improving an area of your own system.
Return on investment
- Describe the theory and science of QI in health care.
- Discuss common sources of waste in health care.
- Apply tools that reveal and explore patterns and processes within your system.
- Explain and apply the Model for Improvement in health care.
- Discuss techniques for identifying ideas for improvement or change in health care.
- Apply course content to a quality improvement agenda in the context of your organization.
Maximum class size
Martin Lees, MD, MSA, PhD, CCPE
Katherine Stevenson, BA Honours, BScPT, MSc
Kishore Visvanathan, MD, FRCSC
Mary Yates, BA (Hons), MEd
For open-enrolment PLI course information please call 800-663-7336 x8455 or e-mail