Influencer© – a VitalSmarts© product
The best leaders know how to get individuals to work together to accomplish goals. Often we struggle to enable our colleagues to complete projects on time and on budget. We do our best to motivate colleagues and health care service providers for needed changes, or to demonstrate more concern for safety and follow procedures. In short, we continually work on ways to exert our influence, but we regularly fall short.
INFLUENCER© The New Science of Leading Change - combines compelling videos and extensive class exercises to give you the skills needed to effectively change behavior. Whether a formal leader or an individual contributor, Influencer can help you drive the change you need.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discover the three keys to influence—what do successful influencers do that separates them from the rest?
- Identify Crucial Moments—the moments where enacting the right behavior will have an enormous effect on results.
- Study and utilize examples of positive deviance (instances when some people succeed where most others fail).
- Learn that persistent problems do not have one root cause, but multiple causes.
- Harness the power of social pressure by finding strength in numbers.
- Change the environment to make bad behaviors harder and good behaviors easier.
- Use the power of space, data, and tools.
Maximum class size
Johny Van Aerde, MD, MA, PhD, FRCPC
For open-enrolment PLI course information please call 800-663-7336 x8455 or e-mail