Influencing boards: unpacking principles of board governance
This course is available in-house only.
Boards make decisions that influence health care leaders’ professional lives. Board members often look to health care leaders for expert knowledge and advice. This course explores practical ways for health care leaders to work effectively with their boards.
Learn the fundamentals of what boards do and how they work — who does what and why. Understand the board’s core responsibilities, and learn how board members are chosen and how to identify their stakeholders. Discover how to identify the outcome you wish to see your board enable ― as well as how to make an effective presentation that marshals evidence carefully, deals with costs and benefits and captures and retains the board’s attention.
Return on investment
- Identify the fundamental responsibilities of a hospital board
- Identify the outcome you wish to see a board enable
- Map the board and screen for obstacles
- Identify a strategy of influence and map its requirements
- Design an effective presentation to the board
Maximum class size
Chris Carruthers, BSc, MD, MBA, FRCS, FAAOS, ICD.D
Janice Gross Stein, PhD, FRSC, LLD, MOC, O.Ont
For open-enrolment PLI course information please call 800-663-7336 x8455 or e-mail