Leadership begins with self-awareness – online, facilitated
Participants need to be a CMA member to access the course through the CMA’s learning management system (LMS).
Please click to view computer requirements for online courses.
This discussion-based, facilitated online course focuses on developing personal leadership skills. Derived from the PLI development program, the course is designed to help participants gain valuable insights into the personal attributes essential for effective leadership.
The course promotes greater self-awareness by teaching the skills associated with examining your own values and principles, thinking patterns, assumptions and emotional skills, and addressing strengths and limitations.
Return on investment
- recognize the critical importance of personal mastery as a foundation for effective physician leadership
- achieve a more complete view of self as a leader with respect to personal values and principles, personality style, emotional intelligence and strengths
- develop strategies to leverage strengths and manage your limitations
- establish a professional development action plan that includes setting personal leadership goals
Participants will move as a cohort through the course, completing one module per week, but can choose when to be online according to their personal schedules.
- Accessible via desktop or tablets
- Facilitation, guidance and feedback
- Cohort structure, featuring interaction with peers from across the country via discussion forums and webinars
Three online assessments
- Insights Discovery® personal profile
- Bar-On EQ-i emotional intelligence self-assessment
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 inventory
The course consists of six online modules and lasts six weeks. Each week’s module will require four to five hours of study.
Maximum class size
Paul Mohapel, PhD
Monica Olsen, MHRD, BScN, BA
Dates, prices and to register
CMA members can create an account using their six-digit CMA ID number. Need help with your CMA ID number? Call our Member Services Centre 888-855-2555 (toll-free).
For open-enrolment PLI course information please call 800-663-7336 x8455 or e-mail
Joule reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course or change facilitator when necessary. The full registration fee will be refunded in the event of a course cancellation.