Leadership strategies for sustainable physician engagement
This course is available in-house only.
Physician engagement is vital to the success of Canadian health reform. This program provides physicians with the knowledge, skills and abilities – and the opportunity – to use those attributes to construct an action plan. Participants can become active leaders, bringing about effective physician engagement wherever they work ― whether as clinicians in primary or hospital care or as system administrators.
Return on investment
- Assess the impact of physician engagement on the health system, and its importance in improving the quality of patient care.
- Review the evidence underpinning efforts to improve physician engagement.
- Increase your awareness and in-depth knowledge of current efforts underway across Canada to improve physician engagement.
- Determine the optimal processes of physician engagement to discriminate good practices from bad practices, and personally determine the degree to which you might wish to be involved in such enterprises.
- Explore what effect organizational efforts to improve physician engagement would have on your personal experience at work.
- Construct your personal action plan for improving physician engagement in the context of your own workplace in relation to your personality, work-life balance needs, and professional goals.
Maximum class size
Graham Dickson, PhD
John Van Aerde, MD, MA, PhD, FRCPC
For open-enrolment PLI course information please call 800-663-7336 x8455 or e-mail