Self-awareness means having a strong sense of who you are, what you can do and where you’re going as a leader — coupled with the ability to manage your communication, emotions and behaviours. In this course, you will gain insight into the personal attributes essential for effective leadership.
By exploring best practices and emerging trends, you will delve into the dynamics of leadership. Using the concepts of emotional intelligence and temperament theory, you will explore how to communicate more effectively to create positive, enduring work relationships. A variety of tools and techniques will help you assess your personal leadership capacity and enhance your ability to influence and lead others.
Return on investment
- Explore the complexity of roles, values, challenges and satisfactions of physician leadership
- Interpret your emotional intelligence strengths and areas for development
- Discuss the relevance of your personal effectiveness profile for your role as a leader
- Develop communication strategies for adapting and connecting with others
- Discuss techniques for self-management that enhance well-being
- Create a professional development action plan for your leadership practice
Because self-awareness is important to a leader, this course provides access to the online leadership assessment tool Insights® Discovery® Personal Profile, and the emotional intelligence assessment tool MHS Bar-On EQ-i™ 2.0 Workplace Report ― both of which you will have completed pre-course.
Jamie Campbell, MEd, BEd, BA(Hon)
Mamta Gautam, MD, FRCPC, CPDC
Paul Mohapel, PhD
Monica Olsen, MHRD, BScN, BA
Vancouver, BC (Pre CCPL)
$1,995.00 + tax
Non CMA member
$2,660.00 + tax
$1937.00 + tax
Non CMA member