Summer Student, Legal Services (CMA)
|Department:||Strategy and Organization Effectiveness|
|Reports to:||Legal Counsel|
|Type:||Temporary / Fulltime (May – August 2015)|
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Legal research, analysis and writing in areas of: health law research and analysis (eg., end of life care, advance care directives, public-private health care).
- Drafting and editing legal templates, guidelines and checklists for use by client-colleagues.
- Policy research, review and possible drafting (eg., corporate policies to ensure CMA is meeting current best practices).
- Review simple contracts and provide feedback to legal counsel and client-colleagues.
- Accepting applicants currently enrolled in University, specializing in Law.
- Prefer student who has completed his/her 2nd year of law school, with above-average to excellent legal research, analysis and writing skills.
- English required, French an asset, but not mandatory
- Minimum of one year of work experience preferred.
- Prefer experience in legal research and writing.
- Other important skills and characteristics include problem-solving, diplomacy and tact.
- Solid technical skills required (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Keen attention to detail required.
March 10, 2015
Apply in confidence to: