Summer Student, Population Health (CMA)
|Reports to:||Senior Advisor and Strategist|
|Type:||Temporary / Fulltime (May – August 2015)|
Job Summary and Specific Responsibilities:
- Research and writing support to prepare background papers to inform the development of a national vision for a healthy population and world class health care in Canada. Research will include literature reviews and key informant interviews. An international review of national population health and health care systems visions will inform a background paper on international lessons learned, and an issues and options paper which examines the different approaches to national visions. For example a population health approach involving a vision and strategic plan; a disease specific approach; social determinants/health in all policies approaches. This background work will set the stage for further discussions on a national vision for Canada.
- Accepting applicants currently enrolled in University.
- A student in a Masters in health administration with knowledge of epidemiology; or Masters in public policy with health policy experience; or a medical student.
- English required, French an asset, but not mandatory
- Minimum of one year of work experience preferred.
- Prefer experience in preparation of research papers.
- The student must have excellent research and writing skills.
- Solid technical skills required (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Keen attention to detail required.
March 10, 2015
Apply in confidence to: