Group course: see how your organization can benefit from the in-house program
800-663-7336 x2932 / email@example.com
Today’s health care organizations operate within a complex health care system, and they are simultaneously changing and being changed by that system. A leader needs to understand these systems and the tools needed to influence change within them.
In this course, you will learn various models for systems thinking and transformation while practising dialogue skills that can be used to bridge diverse perspectives within your organization. The course will also improve your ability to collaborate and help you find innovative ways to address complex issues.
By course end, you’ll be able to:
- understand complexity as it relates to health care leadership, collaboration and systemic change
- uncover assumptions that are limiting your effectiveness.
- practise dialogue and inquiry skills that help you bridge diverse perspectives, strengthen relationships and develop collaboration across disciplines
- use systems-thinking tools to build partnerships and leverage opportunities for change.
- assess your personal leadership style as it applies to complex system management
- analyze and identify a critical path for your own personal “action learning case” through applying systems thinking, dialogue and inquiry
This course requires some pre-work and has an action learning component. Participants are asked to develop and bring a past or current “action learning case” that they can explore with peers.
Scott Comber, BEDS, MBA, MA, PhD
John Van Aerde, MD, MA, PhD, FRCPC