The CMA’s leadership teams set our strategic priorities — ensuring all policies, actions and activities advance our vision of a vibrant medical profession and a healthy population in Canada.
CMA leadership team
The leadership team oversees the CMA’s day-to-day operations. It follows the strategic directions of the CMA Board of Directors, and includes:
- Tim Smith, CEO for CMA and CMA Group of Companies
- Owen Adams, Senior Advisor to the CEO
- Dr. Jeff Blackmer, Chief Medical Officer and Executive Vice-President, Global Health
- John Feeley, Executive Vice-President, Advocacy, Profession and Patient Participation
- Dr. Caroline Gérin-Lajoie, Executive Vice-President, Physician Wellness and Medical Culture
- Luce Lavoie, Executive Vice-President Communications
- Joseph Mayer, Executive Vice-President, Advocacy and Engagement
- Jimmy Mui, Executive Vice-President, Corporate Services, CFO and COO
- Allison Seymour, Executive Vice-President, Strategy and Partnerships, President, CMA Foundation
CMA Impact Inc. Board of Directors
The board of directors of CMA Impact Inc. is responsible for overseeing its business and operations in alignment to the CMA’s strategy and policy.
CMA Impact Inc. – Investment Committee
Appointed by the CMA Impact board of directors, the Investment Committee assists with overseeing the investment and management of the assets held in CMA Impact.
CMA Foundation Board of Directors
The board of directors of the CMA Foundation is responsible for overseeing charitable giving to registered Canadian charities that further excellence in health care and that support Canadian physicians and physician learners.