Continuing Professional Development
We seek accreditation for selected offerings as evidence of our commitment to:
- meet nationally approved educational standards
- provide study credits for maintenance of certification
- ongoing quality improvement
The quality of our offerings continues to be validated through accreditation by:
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- Canadian College of Health Leaders (CCHL)
Important note: CFPC credit transfer delayed
With the launch of the new Mainpro+® program, the automatic transfer of CPD credits has been delayed owing to technical issues. Credit transfer is normally scheduled quarterly. Credits have not been sent to the CFPC since June 22, 2016, but credits are still being accumulated on cma.ca and can be reviewed under
“My CPD activities”. We are working to resolve the issues and will post updates as they become available.
For questions related to Mainpro+, contact CFPC at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-387-6197 ext 560.
For questions related to
Continuing Professional Development for CMA members, contact the Member Service Centre at
email@example.com or 1-888-855-2555.
Provisions for US/Canadian reciprocal credits
Bilateral reciprocal accreditation agreements exist with the American Medical Association and the American Academy of Family Physicians.