The CMA is proud to advocate for and with physicians and medical learners to build a better health system and a thriving health workforce.
Join or renew today
It’s easy to become a CMA member or renew your existing membership — and if you’re a student, resident or retired physician, it’s free! Learn more
Questions about CMA membership?
Contact the CMA Member Service Centre at[email protected] or toll-free at 1-888-855-2555 (weekdays from 8 am to 5 pm ET). We also have a convenient online request form.
Help lead the change
Shape the future of health care and the profession with colleagues across the country.
- Join an exclusive community platform for physicians
- Participate in profession forums and the annual CMA Health Summit event
- Put forward health policy proposals
- Apply for leadership positions on our board or with targeted committees
- Medical learners and early-career physicians can also become CMA Ambassadors to make connections and build leadership skills
Please be aware that the CMA recently announced changes to some of its offerings.
Get the latest clinical resources
Medical journals and textbooks
- Over 1,000 textbooks and 600 full-text journals, images and videos across more than 30 medical specialties through ClinicalKey®
- Peer reviewed medical journals, guides, magazines and custom e-publications through CMA Joule Publications
- Canada’s leading general medical journal, CMAJ
Clinical summaries, guidelines and apps
- Evidence-based point-of-care summaries through DynaMed Online — updated daily and accessible anywhere with the DynaMed Mobile app
- Over 2,600 evidence-based Canadian clinical practice guidelines and Choosing Wisely Canada recommendations through CPG Infobase
- Point-of-care tools including clinical summaries and abstracts through Essential Evidence Plus
- Daily email summaries of the latest clinical studies through POEMs by Essential Evidence Plus
- Current Canadian drug information through CPS Web — accessible anywhere with the CPS Mobile app
Other useful resources
- Guidance on how to evaluate a patient’s medical fitness to operate motor vehicles from the CMA Driver’s Guide
- Save on a subscription to Up to Date, an evidence-based, physician-authored resource
Learn practice and leadership essentials
- Get ready for practice with our Practice Management Curriculum for medical residents
- Access continuing professional development, leadership training and certification through the Physician Leadership Institute
- Explore free, on-demand learning opportunities with Physician Fundamentals
Prioritize your wellness
Find tools and resources to support your mental health and well-being – and a more compassionate culture of medicine.
- Wellness Hub: Articles, studies and videos to help physicians at all ages and career stages
- Wellness Connection: Free, virtual peer support sessions, all led by trained facilitators, on topics from psychological first aid to mindful parenting
- Sound Mind podcast: Conversations about the people, programs and projects that are helping medical professionals stay well
Take care of your financial health
We’re proud to partner with MD Financial Management, Canada’s only national financial services firm exclusively dedicated to the financial health of Canada’s physicians.
MD Financial Management provides financial products and services, the MD Family of Funds and investment counselling services through the MD Group of Companies. For a detailed list of these companies, visit md.ca.