- The Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) Part I will resume via remote proctoring at available Prometric test centres. See their COVID-19 page for a full FAQ on this year’s process.
- In light of the changes to the MCCQE, the Federation of Medical Regulatory Authorities of Canada has released an update on provisional licensing for 2020.
- Visiting electives are suspended until Sept. 26, 2020. Visit the Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada’s student portal for the latest updates.
- The Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada is working on a compressed timeline for the 2021 R-1 match cycle. See the Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS) 2021 match cycle updates page for the latest information.
Volunteering and community support
- The Canadian Federation of Medical Students (CFMS), with the support of MD Financial Management, has launched COVID-19 Community Care Initiative Grants to support 20 different medical student community care projects. Find out more on their COVID-19 page.
- Medical students who are interested in volunteering to support their community can visit the CFMS’s COVID-19 page to access a database of these opportunities.
- The Federation of Medical Regulatory Authorities of Canada has provided an update on the 2020 requirements for full licensure.
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada has announced that the oral components of this year’s Certification Examination in Family Medicine and the Examination of Added Competence in Emergency Medicine have been cancelled. Visit their site for more information on this year’s certification and examination process.
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada plans to deliver spring 2020 written exams in the fall. Visit their site for more information on this year’s examination process.
- Resident Doctors of Canada is compiling a list of COVID-19 information, FAQs and resources for Canadian medical residents.
University of Alberta
University of British Columbia
University of Calgary
University of Manitoba
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Northern Ontario School of Medicine
More COVID-19 resources
Health and wellness
- Information and resources on maintaining wellness during the pandemic
- Expert webinar series on coping during COVID-19, geared specifically to physicians and medical learners
- Need help? How to reach out to your provincial physician health program