On Aug. 22, the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) will be hosting its 154th Annual General Meeting (AGM). The AGM provides an opportunity for Canadian physicians and medical learners to help shape their national association’s goals and leadership, learn about the CMA’s activities and welcome the CMA’s new president, Dr. Katharine Smart from Yukon.
The CMA encourages members and stakeholders to register before Aug. 16 at 8 pm (ET). The virtual format will include live webcasting of all proceedings.
WHAT: The CMA’s 154th Annual General Meeting
- Presentation of annual report
- Valedictory address from 2020–2021 president Dr. Ann Collins
- Inaugural address from 2021–2022 president Dr. Katharine Smart
- Question & answer session on the CMA’s work, including its new Impact 2040 strategy, with CMA board chair Dr. Suzanne Strasberg, outgoing president Dr. Ann Collins, CMA francophone spokesperson Dr. Abdo Shabah and Ethics Committee chair Dr. Tim Holland.
- To ensure equity and diversity in its presidency and at its board and committee tables, the CMA will put a number of governance changes to a member vote, including:
- a shift to a national election for CMA president; and
- the creation of a Leadership and Diversity Search Committee for CMA board, committee and other leadership positions.
WHEN: Sunday, Aug. 22 from 3:00 to 6:00 pm (ET)
HOW: Members of the media are invited to register by contacting email@example.com.
CMA members, stakeholders and interested members of the public can register online.