As governments across the country plan for when and how to reopen more businesses and services – including health care services – many physicians are considering how to navigate their own practice.
The Canadian Medical Association has created a new resource page on managing and re-opening your practice to help physicians prepare for this transition. This page includes information on:
- Scheduling visits, including factors to consider before seeing patients in-person
- Suggested office procedures and design to accommodate physical distancing guidelines
- Ongoing screening of patients for COVID-19
- Infection control measures and PPE guidelines, including how to get more supplies
- Addressing patients’ anxieties around COVID-19
The online guide is based on the latest clinical guidance from across the country and was developed in consultation with the Centre for Effective Practice, one of the largest independent knowledge translation organizations in Canada. It is being updated regularly as more resources and information become available.