2022 International Conference on Physician Health
Engaging organizations to achieve cultural change
The International Conference on Physician Health™ (ICPH) is a collaborative meeting of the American Medical Association, the Canadian Medical Association, and the British Medical Association.
ICPH is held every other year and is hosted by one of the founding associations. The conference provides a forum for practitioners and researchers to present innovative methods and support systems, educational programs, and recent research findings in the area of physician health.
The conference focuses on practice steps to make medicine a more sustainable career choice. ICPH promotes an overall healthier culture for physicians by offering practical evidence-based solutions, practice skills, and resources and tools for attendees to take back to their workplace and readily implement.
The conference will be delivered in English only. In-person and virtual registration options are available.
CMA program highlights:
Thurs., Oct. 13
- 10:30–11:30 am — Tracking physician wellness indicators in Canada: Comparing data from the 2017 and 2021 CMA National Physician Health Surveys (Oral concurrent session)
- 2:15–3:15 pm — Physician wellness: A missing indicator in HHR planning? (Oral concurrent session)
- 3:30–4:30 pm — Changing medical culture in Canada: Creating a single source of physician wellness tools and resources (Poster session)
- 3:30–4:30 pm — Mobilizing legislation that protects physicians and health care workers in Canada from bullying, harassment and violence (Poster session)
Fri., Oct. 14
- 10:15–11:15 am — Physician wellness support lines: A comparison of six international models (Oral concurrent session)
- 4:30–5:30 pm — Bullying and harassment panel with CMA President Dr. Alika Lafontaine
Dr. Lafontaine is also delivering a pre-recorded on-demand session titled “Issues of discrimination and racism in medicine” on the virtual conference platform.