How the CMA, CMA Foundation and our affinity collaboration (CMA, Scotiabank and MD) is supporting the medical and health care community during the pandemic.
CMA Foundation commits $20 million for COVID-19 response
Innovation in family medicine
- $5 million to the Foundation for Advancing Family Medicine (FAFM)’s COVID-19 pandemic response and impact grant program (Co-RIG).
Frontline hospitals and COVID-19 crisis response efforts
- $5 million to the Frontline Fund for Healthcare Workers, benefitting hospitals and health care workers across Canada with 100+ bed count and Intensive Care Units (ICU)
- $5 million will be set up as a fund by the CMA Foundation to benefit community hospitals
- $250,000 to Doctors without Borders / Médecins sans frontières’ COVID-19 Crisis Fund.
- More than $5 million to 17 medical schools to address financial hardships experienced by medical students and residents.
CMA Foundation donates $10 million to support Canada’s vulnerable populations
$10 million to the COVID-19 Community Response Fund for Vulnerable Populations, an emergency fund set up by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) to address the needs of vulnerable populations who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
CMA Foundation contributes $250,000 to increase access to youth mental health services
$250,000 to help Jack.org accelerate the creation of on-line educational resources for young people and shift their face-to-face programs to a digital format in every province and territory.
CMA collaborates with Pallium Canada to accelerate and enhance palliative care training
$500,000 to increase palliative care training during Covid-19 and beyond, making online modules from Pallium’s Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative Care (LEAP) available to all health care professionals in Canada, free of charge.
Scotiabank, CMA and MD Financial contribute $200,000 to the Code Life Ventilator Challenge
Scotiabank, CMA and MD Financial Management commit $4.6 million to COVID-19 physician relief efforts
Driving meaningful change in health care
Advocating on issues that matter to the profession and their patients
Access to Care
Canadians across the country are facing challenges accessing care. To reduce these barriers, the CMA is focusing on physician resource planning and new models of health care delivery.
about Access to Care
Physician Health and Wellness
Patient care can suffer when physicians don’t care for themselves. The CMA is highlighting the importance of physician health and wellness through our policies, advocacy and research.
about Physician Health and Wellness