CPS on the RxTx Mobile app and CPS online
As an exclusive membership benefit valued at over $500 annually, CMA members have access to the Canadian Pharmacists Association’s Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties (CPS) via app and online versions.
The CPS offers an unrivalled compilation of Canadian product monographs for drugs, vaccines and natural health products that are developed by manufacturers, approved by Health Canada and optimized by CPhA editors.
Access to this drug information is through
JouleTM, a Canadian Medical Association company that provides you with trusted resources to make it easier to be at your best.
- 2000+ CPS monographs
- Weekly updates
- Content available in English and French
- Health Canada advisories (posted online within 48 hours)
Access options include
|RxTx Mobile app||CPS online|
Register and Download
The app includes the CPS (Rx) features listed above plus:
- Available to all CMA members
- Bonus subscription to Drug Choices (DC) content: Drug tables formatted for quick access to dose, adverse effects, drug interactions and relative costs for recommended therapies for each condition
- Available on iOS and Android devices
- Available offline*
- Content sharable via email
- Ability to add notes/Favourite content
* Internet connection is required only when installing, updating or using certain Internet-dependent features such as downloading new Health Canada Advisories.
Access CPS online
**(cma.ca login required, physicians and resident members only)
The online CPS includes the CPS (Rx) features listed above plus:
- Health Canada advisories linked to monographs
- Full listing of Health Canada Warnings and Recalls
- Manufacturers directory linked to monographs
- What’s New listing and Monograph Updates Table
- Product images linked to monographs
- Public Drug Programs
- Printable patient information
- Advanced search
- Clin-Info (e.g. drugs of choice during pregnancy and breastfeeding, drug-food interactions, lab values)
- Product Identification tool (Drug ID)
- Drug Regulatory and Monitoring Programs’ Reporting and Request Forms
**Not available to students. Students can access the CPS on the app through their CMA membership or access the online version through their medical school library.
Contact the CMA Member Service Centre at 1-844-748-8017 (weekdays, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET) or