Medical professionalism: We’re in this together
As it celebrates its 150th anniversary, the CMA has launched a country-wide series of discussions — online and face-to-face — to modernize and strengthen the medical profession’s values and commitments to reflect contemporary obligations and expectations.
Key medical professionalism themes being discussed:
- Our culture and community as a profession
- Our development and support as physicians
- Care delivery and the patient experience
- Leveraging our voice and influence
- Generational change and diversity within our profession
Three key deliverables:
- A Charter of Shared Values – articulating the values and commitments that further strengthen professional responsibilities to which physicians can commit to in support of a unified profession, in the service of patients.
- A new Code of Ethics and Professionalism – identifying the fundamental values and commitments to which the profession aspires and articulating physicians’ obligations to patients and society, to guide the ethical practice of medicine.
- An Accountability Framework – creating a framework to which physicians are accountable as a commitment to the health care system.
How to participate in the medical professionalism discussion