CMA members have been shaping Canadian health care for more than 150 years. That opportunity to advocate for change — on a national level — is just one of the many benefits membership brings. You also gain access to an array of up-to-date clinical resources valued at more than $2,500 a year — and get exclusive discounts on clinical tools and software, business services, cell service, travel, and more. Save, learn and have your voice heard on some of the most critical health topics facing our country, all by becoming a member of the CMA.
Join or renew today
It’s easy to become a CMA member or renew your existing membership. And starting in 2019, membership is free for students, residents and retired physicians. Want to learn more about membership fees? Get the details you need here.
Be heard. Have an impact. Make a difference.
Become part of a legacy of advocating for positive change in Canadian health care. Thanks in part to the awareness-raising efforts of CMA members, the CMA has been part of many historic health care changes, including the dramatic drop in Canadians’ tobacco use, the establishment of RRSPs, and the creation of the Canadian Cancer Society. Today, members are driving equally important national dialogue on cannabis legalization, opioid prescribing, physician wellness, medical assistance in dying and other significant health issues. Through the CMA, physicians across the country have a platform to connect and engage with each other on health and professional topics that matter to them.
What will you do as a CMA member?
- Create or join a collaborative community of interest
- Shape CMA policy through member proposals
- Lend your perspective on key health topics through our Member Voice e-Panel
- Take part in national events like the CMA Health Summit
Keep your knowledge up to date
Take advantage of complementary access to an extensive collection of current clinical resources as a CMA member. Through our subsidiary, Joule, you get access to:
Medical journals, textbooks and more
- Over 1,000 textbooks and 600 full-text journals, images and videos across more than 30 medical specialities through ClinicalKey®
- Over 1,200 evidence-based Canadian clinical practice guidelines through CPG Infobase
- Large databases of electronic medical journals and textbooks
- Peer reviewed medical journals, guides, magazines and custom e-publications through Joule Publications
- Canada’s leading general medical journal, CMAJ
Clinical summaries and apps
- Evidence-based point-of-care summaries through DynaMed Plus Online — updated daily and accessible anywhere with the DynaMed Plus Mobile app
- Point-of-care tools including clinical summaries and abstracts through Essential Evidence Plus
- Daily email summaries of the latest clinical studies through POEMs by Essential Evidence Plus
- Clinical research summaries through InfoPratique, a biweekly email (French only) created at Université Laval
- Current Canadian drug information through CPS Online — accessible anywhere with the RxTx Mobile app
Other useful resources
- Help finding answers to clinical questions and tips for effective searching through the Ask a Librarian service
- Guidance on how to evaluate a patient’s medical fitness to operate motor vehicles from the CMA Driver’s Guide
- Quantum Clinical Search, which lets you search across several tools including DynaMed Plus, ClinicalKey, CPG Infobase and electronic journals
Get exclusive CMA member discounts on brand-name products and services for your practice, your business and your family.
Enjoy exclusive rates for TELUS services.
Enjoy discounted membership rates at GoodLife/Énergie Cardio.
Save on car rentals from Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Subscribe to this evidence-based, physician-authored resource for less.
Get a discount when you book train tickets and accumulate points toward free trips.
Get a discount on job postings at drcareers.ca.
Get discounts on office supplies you buy online.
Benefit from savings on audio and web conferencing services.
Save on Lenovo’s entire line of PC products and get free ground shipping on web orders.
Ship small packages and import goods for less.
Get incentives on special-offer Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
A preferred incentive on Audi vehicles.
Driving meaningful change in health care
Advocating on issues that matter to the profession and their patients
As Canada’s population ages, wait times and health care costs will continue to climb. We want a national seniors strategy, and investments into more effective and accessible seniors care.
about Seniors Care
Prescribing medication is a key part of many physicians’ practice. Yet the high cost of prescription drugs can make them inaccessible to many Canadians. For more than three decades, the CMA has been a strong advocate for affordable prescription medications.