CMA President-Elect Nominee election - now open
Members of the New Brunswick Medical Society (NBMS) can vote now to elect the nominee for the position of CMA President-Elect for 2019-20.
How to vote (NBMS members only)
Look in your inbox for an email from CMAElections@cma.ca sent February 6, 2019. It contains voting instructions, and a link to the secure voting site.
Candidates for CMA President-Elect Nominee
Want to learn more about the candidates?
Watch the forum that took place in Fredericton on Feb. 5.
Email them directly with any further questions:
- Dr. Ann Collins: email@example.com
- Dr. Michael Dickinson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Dharm Singh: email@example.com
- Dr. Jami Sridhar: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, February 6, 2019: Election opens and eligible voters in New Brunswick will be emailed voting information (instructions and a link to the voting site)
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019 (4:30 pm EST): Election closes
- Thursday, February 28, 2019: Successful nominee declared
- Sunday, August 11, 2019: The successful nominee will be presented for election as CMA President-Elect at the CMA’s Annual Meeting, to be held in Toronto, Ontario. The CMA President-Elect will then become CMA President at the following Annual Meeting in 2020.
- If you are a CMA member from New Brunswick, and have NOT received an email with voting information by February 6, please contact CMAElections@cma.ca
- E-voting: Frequently Asked Questions
Background information on election process
Every year, the CMA holds fair and transparent nominations and elections processes for the position of CMA President-Elect. The call for nominations issued before each election is open to all eligible members.
To learn more about the election — including timelines, eligibility and how to run — read the full guidelines here:
We work with a third-party election services provider to ensure best practices are followed and that our election processes are equitable, effectively managed and transparent.
For more information, contact CMAElections@cma.ca.
Board of Directors
When there are vacancies, the CMA organizes elections for CMA Board of Director positions. Terms are generally three years, except for student and resident directors, which are one year. Nominations for positions on the CMA Board of Directors can be put forward by provincial and territorial medical associations (PTMAs), student and resident affiliates, members (bylaw 11.3) or delegates from the floor of CMA General Council. Nominees are presented and voted on at the CMA’s General Council.
To learn more about this process — including timelines, eligibility and how to join the Board — read the full guidelines here:
Other elected positions
The CMA holds an annual elections process to fill vacant committee positions. Nominations for these positions can be put forward by PTMAs, affiliates, members (a minimum of 50 member signatures is required) or delegates from the floor of CMA General Council. Nominees are presented and voted on annually at the CMA’s General Council.
To learn more about these positions, read the full guidelines here: