Every year, the CMA holds fair and transparent nominations and elections processes for the position of CMA president-elect.
Learn more about timelines, eligibility and how to run.
Other leadership positions
CMA Appointments Committee: one member-at-large position
The CMA is currently seeking applications to fill an immediate vacancy for a member-at-large position on the CMA Appointments Committee. We encourage nominations and applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Appointments Committee Overview
- The role of the Appointments Committee is to bring recommendations to the CMA Board to fill certain vacancies on CMA committees, groups and nominees to several outside organizations/bodies.
- It comprises four CMA directors and one member-at-large, and typically meets virtually at least twice per year.
- The Appointments Committee chooses its own Chair, who then also serves on the CMA Nominations Committee.
- The member-at-large term is for three years, effective immediately upon Board appointment (in December 2021), and is renewable once.
- Interested candidates are invited to submit the following completed documents to Nominations@cma.ca no later than November 1, 2021:
Candidates will be considered by the CMA Appointments Committee, which will present its recommendation to the CMA Board of Directors in early December. All candidates will be advised thereafter.